Saturday, September 15, 2007

Painters

For the past 3 weeks we have had painters here coloring the very white walls of our house. It has been a hoot, and for someone who has no HGTV skills whatsoever, a bit stressful. I was running to the paint store every morning after dropping the kids off and racing back to beat them to the house.

We had several episodes of "oh, wow, that is darker than I thought." Needless to say, I had very flexible painters. They were also very entertaining..I didn't get much work done, to say the least.

I promised them I would post the photos I was taking of them on the internet, so they would feel like celebrity. One of them is quite computer savvy, so I am sure he will see himself here.

This is Bobby. In this photo he was saying "okay, everyone listen to me! I have got something to tell you.." I was a quite nervous that this retiree was gonna fall from that 2nd story landing before he got to tell us.... He was the one who did most of the climbing and tightrope areas that we have here and there. He was definitely the talker of the two and said his wife referred to him as a "loaded cannon". Hmm...I am glad we didn't hack him off while he was here.

This is a photo of Stanley fixing my "oh, that is blue-blue" error. Hated it. It was beautiful on the can, just not what I pictured for this room. OOPs. They were happy to cover it with the more neutral color in just one hour. Stanley was the demure, white Morgan Freeman type. He didn't say much, but when he did, wisdom fell from his lips. We had some great conversations about TBN preachers and bluegrass music. Did I mention that Bobby and Stanley also played in a rock n roll band for over 30 years? Yes, apparently they can tear up some guitars and a little Sweet Home Alabama. Like I said, they were a hoot and very sweet. They went together and bought Austyn a card for her birthday that included ten dollars. Needless to say, she was so thankful and thought they were great. We are gonna miss those guys. Can you believe it? Miss the painters? Maybe we have been gone from IT too long. LOL

Here is the cutest painter of all. My Jon. He is not thrilled that I have given him a project the day before his birthday..My sweet sugar is putting a coat of chalkboard paint on the wall in Wilson and Stephen's room. We wanted to make sure it had some functionality and the chalkboard turned out quite cute..easy as 1-2-3. It had to cure over night, so, before the kids were up I wrote a message for both of my boys. "Wilson, we love you" on one side and "Stephen JaeHo, welcome home, son" on the other..(can't wait for him to read it). Since we are not so crafty..I am thrilled that it turned out. Yay us (as Landon would say)

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26