Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I am blessed beyond measure!


Several weeks ago I called a dear friend of mine to ask her if the "girls" would mind getting together to pray for our upcoming adoption and Stephen's transition into our home. Things were happening pretty fast and I did not want to miss the chance to have my prayer warriors cover our family in a blanket of peace at this crucial time. She agreed and assured me it would be just fine to do this the next time I was in town. We set a date and I didn't think another thing about it. We do this type of thing from time to time if there is a big event coming up in one of our lives.




This past Saturday when I walked into my friend Julie's home expecting a coffee and prayer time- I was completely overwhelmed..my dear friends had secretly planned a shower in honor of our little guy. Needless to say, I was beyond surprised and just couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. They are the best and I am soooo blessed to have each and every one of them in my life. It really touched me to find out that they will love Stephen just as much as we will.


There is a verse in Corinthians that describes my feelings towards you ladies:


"I thank my God every time I think of you (all)".
Julie, Mika, Dana, Joy, Mariel, Cheryl, Liz, Paige, Beth and Alicia
(you, too mom!)


(Jules, thanks for always going the extra mile and being our chief, so we can be indians!!)



Flag of South Korea
Mika's sweet sister Judith did a fantastic job on the cake. I almost couldn't bear to see it cut. Judith- you rock!!








We did get one shot in before we all started crying! The prayer time was amazing and I am convinced Stephen felt the peace wash all over him as we prayed for his little heart and first mom.




Lets just say our new son will be the finest dressed three year old this town has ever seen.


It was sooo fun to see such tiny clothes again..okay, it has only been four and half years, but still.


I am so very anxious to see him run through the house wearing his new threads!









Martha Stewart, aka Julie, out did herself with the Preschool boy themed shower. She sprinkled the room with mini books, cars and army men and draped cloths covered in race cars on the serving table. It was so imaginative and placed with perfection, as always. A job well done, my friend! I loved it!!



Puzzles, Books, Bath toys, Army men and Cars







The Display of His Splendor





"Now Stephen, a man full of God's grace and power did great wonders and miraculous signs among the people" Acts 6:8



My friends were not through. At the close of the giving, they presented me with this wonderful collection of blessings (thank you Mika for pulling this together). It is a book for Stephen with a verse from each person blessing him and telling the journey that led us to his precious face. I could barely keep my composure as I read each verse and was reminded of the three and half year journey and each mountain we had to climb to bring him home and of the promise God has fulfilled. I can hardly believe it is really coming true. He is faithful. This book is truly a treasure and I pray it will be as sacred to Stephen as I recount how the Lord literally ordered his steps right into our family. What a night. What a memory. How blessed I truly am.





.."the vision is yet for the appointed time. Though it tarries, wait for it. It will not be overdue a single day." Habakkuk 2:3







1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dawn - what wonderful friends to bless you and Stephen in such a way! Congratulations on all your new little boy things for your precious son!

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26