Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!




38 years ago today in a hospital room in Alamance County..a tiny little man was born who would eventually become my best friend and the father of my children. In his 38 years he has lost both of his parents and gained almost four children. He has fought for his country and for what is right. He is strong and fearless and yet, gentle as a lamb (most people DO NOT get to see this).


He has overcome more in his 38 years then most people do in a lifetime. I am his number one fan. I call him our Dick Van Dyke, because he never returns home from business or fishing trips without something for his kids. His children think he hung the moon, and he doesn't tell them otherwise.


I love him more now than I ever believed was possible. I am thankful that the Lord thought enough of me to bless me with him so many years ago. As I have watched his plan unfold for our lives, I am more and more convinced that He knew exactly what he was doing....


Happy Birthday Honey!




We love you!!


No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26