Sunday, September 16, 2007

Five reasons why our dad rocks

On the way to Jon's favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate his birthday, we had some time on our hands (one hour drive) so, I asked my kiddos to take a moment to tell their dad how great he was on his birthday. I simply passed around a notepad that read "Five reasons why my dad rocks.." Here are some of their responses:
He buys me alot.
He loves me.
He feeds me.
He loves to give me his birthday (long story).
He is where all the money comes from.
He is my friend.
He is cool.
He takes me fishing.
He plays xbox with me (I will never be praised for this, I just can't like video games no matter how I try)
I love exercises like this so you can get an idea what is important to your children and how they are perceiving things and processing. Apparently, Daddy is the money man according to the girls and good for MAN stuff according to Wil. One thing is for sure...He loves them all!

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26