Sunday, December 2, 2007

Overwhelming!

After a 5.5 hour flight to San Francisco and an 11.5 hour flight to Korea and a NASCAR simulation taxi cab ride to our hotel: We made it!
We are exhausted and will post more later, but for now I just want to say I was not prepared for such emotion in regard to little Jae Ho's birth country. The moment we landed on his native soil I could not think about anything else, but how one day all of this would no longer be familiar to him. I am trying to just take in every smell and every sound so I will be able to vividly recount it one day for our dear son who had his beginning in this precious country.
For now I am going to try and get some sleep (yeah, right), as we meet our son in just twelve hours. Wow. I cannot believe that this appointed time has fully come.
Austyn, Landon and Wilson..we love you and miss you so much already. Check your emails first thing Monday when you wake up.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Dawn, I've been checking your blog 24 times a day and was so glad to see your post just now! I too was overwhelmed when we went to Korea for Esther. I wanted to bottle up and treasure every sight, sound, scent, and touch for her. It's emotionally exhausting but so worth it.
Can't wait to hear all about your first meeting with Stephen!!!
Sarah

Dana said...

I am so emotional also and I am not even there. I cannot even read what you have written without crying. All day long I have thought about what you are probably doing right now. It seams so surreal that the day has finally come. Are we dreaming? Love you bunches. Can't wait for tomorrow morning!!!!

Shirley Smith said...

Dawn,
I can so relate to your feelings, although for us, having the opportunity to live in Japan where our three have come from is just such an absolute blessing. You see now why we wanted to return to the land of the rising sun. The sights, the smells, although so different from America, they are comforting and so much a part of our memory and our life.
I can't believe you are so close to me geographically now, wish I could see you.
Love,
The Smith Family in Okinawa

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26