Friday, December 28, 2007

Introducing Maia Faith

A while back I posted a note about a little baby in Vietnam whose forever family had just found her. Well, they have been patiently waiting for all of the necessary paperwork to travel to Vietnam and be approved. This can be very painful, as any adoptive family can attest. Someone in Vietnam wanted to bless them on Christmas day (Proverbs 25:25) by sending brand new photos. The next best thing to seeing your new daughter is seeing a new photo that was just taken the day before!

Is she a doll or what? Congratulations, Jeff and Dana (Jordan, Tyler and Casey). We promise to pray for her safety and for her comfort until her mom and dad can wrap her snug in their embrace. I know you are standing on your head (I feel your angst). Take comfort in the fact that the father to the fatherless is whispering to her as she sleeps and calming her each day.
I don't know, but I have a hunch, that she knows she is loved and will soon be on a brand new journey to her forever family.
When the waiting becomes long:
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord, Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:13-14
Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.
Psalm 126:5-6
His promises to her:
I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you. John 14:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
She will one day weep no more. How gracious He will be when she cries for help! As soon as He hears, He will answer (comfort) her. Isaiah 30:19
He sets the lonely in families. Psalm 68:6
He sings over her with joy! Zephaniah 3:17
Any kind of waiting can seem long. Many of you are waiting for a child through adoption and I want you to know you have not been forgotten. Some of you are waiting on other things that are important to you. It may be dealing with marriage, children, a job or even just a promise that you carry in your heart.
I pray peace and rest for you today. Wait for him. He is good and He can be trusted.
He will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is stayed on thee. Isaiah 26:3
God bless you Maia, Sarah Mei, Micah, Benjamin and Seth!!



1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh, wow, wasn't expecting that this afternoon when I checked to see if you had updated the blog.... God speaks to us through those around us and boy did He speak to me today. Thanks friend for lifting me up. You always know just how to do it best. Oh yeah and boy does she look beautiful on your blog (then again, a mom may be a little biased).

Love you so much!

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26