Saturday, June 9, 2007

A simple reminder

Have you ever noticed one of these? It is a mourning dove. To me, they are an ever present reminder of God's promises. You might think it strange, but whenever I am praying intently about a matter or questioning the direction of my life, a mourning dove appears. They really are peculiar little birds. The are quite aloof and seem to almost study your actions. Sometimes they flutter to my roof top (they are usually not on anyone else's) and rest after I return from a long walk and talk with the Lord. Sometimes they just perch on a branch seemingly out of nowhere at the exact moment that I breathe "Lord, do you care?"


When we first moved to this city, I was overwhelmed by the number of doves that hovered around our house, and I was convinced that God was affirming over and over we were exactly where He wanted us to be.



The next time you seek the Lord and you are wondering if He is listening...look about you. You never know what you might see.





"I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven...."


John 1:32

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26