Saturday, June 9, 2007

May Days........

I feel like May just came and went. There was so much going on that I never had time to catch up. Here are just some of the highlights for those of you who keep up with our comings and goings..........




Happy 7th Birthday Wilson! I can't believe my baby is 7! We had a great time taking some of his friends to the Recreation Station (which is a glorified Chuck E Cheese), and they all returned to the house for a mega sleepover with Grammy, Too Too and Ethan, too! They showed up for the weekend to make his birthday complete!!



Van Gogh? Renoit? O'Keefe? No..it's Too Too and she's working up a masterpiece for Austyn's room. It is so nice having an artist in the family...considering I can't draw stick people correctly.

Thank you Melissa....the work is stunning!


Hasselhoff? No...this is my nephew, Ethan, who enjoyed some wicked body surfing while they were here!!




Here is how we spent the Memorial Day weekend.....





For starters, we had our final interview for our homestudy. Yuck! It just means we are one step closer to bringing home our son...it seems like it has been forever already! Here is Austyn with Carol our worker from Lutheran Family Services.


Happy 14th Anniversary! Did I mention that our last visit was also our anniversary? Boy did Jon love me for this one. At least he brought me beautiful flowers so the house smelled nice. He assured me he would have gotten them even if the social worker wasn't coming....LOL!!




Ahhhh...finally we get to relax. This is the inlet where we anchored our boat and spent the afternoon for a little day in the sun. It was so nice and we had our own little private spot right off of Hammock's Beach State Park. It was a great day of discovery. Austyn made her way back to the boat for a little shade and some peace.


...and that was the end of May.




1 comment:

Doopus said...

I hate that we have missed so much of the kids growing up. Whenever I read your blog it brings a smile and a tear to my eye. I hope that the future will be kinder and that we can spend more time together. Take care and I love you all. Me!

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26