Monday, May 5, 2008

The sound of freedom

We took the kids to the air show at MCAS (Marine Corps Air Station) this weekend.


It is always a treat to watch the jets fly overhead in a gripping display of speed and agility.


The sheer noise alone will send chills up your spine. To me it is overwhelming to think that on the other side of the world the very freedom we enjoy is being defended by jets and fighters just like those flying over our heads. Our country is clearly blessed as evidenced by the top of the line aircraft and excellently trained pilots and wingman. Saying "thank you" sometimes just doesn't seem like enough for the thick blanket of security we sleep under..does it?

Thank you Marines, Sailors, Airman and Soldiers.

The kiddos (Austyn was in VA at a chorus competition) climbed on every apparatus that was available to them. Guess who loved the artillery and guess who loved the vehicles with steering wheels? I bet you can.

Anything with wheels...

Anything that fires or explodes...
See, I knew it wouldn't be hard.

Ever since Saturday I have been trying to figure out a way to get someone to let me ride with them in an F-16 jet. I just know I would love to feel the G force going 600 mph straight up. Jon says I would never make it because the cockpit would feel alot like Mission Space at Epcot and I am NOT up for that. Shoot! Perhaps one day I will have a son who desires to be a fighter pilot...hmmm.

______________________________




Now, guess whose kiddos received the good character award for TRUSTWORTHINESS? It sort of made me smile that they both got it for their individual classrooms. Way to be trustworthy Landon and Wilson...you rock!

1 comment:

Christian Adoption Services said...

I just missed the air show. I was up your way this weekend and oh my did the thought of those nice looking Marines appeal to me. But I missed it--looks fun Mrs. Lucas! My dad is retired USMC and so there is a sense of pride in serving your country that is understated by the liberal media today.

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26