Saturday, May 3, 2008

More SB fun...

This is turning into the sermon that spans the season. Here are just a few more clips from our much needed travels back to the place we have called home for most of our lives. These photos are just pieces of what we did during the middle of the week. One might think that sweet Maia spent the whole time with us...Stephen just loved her and we took LOTS of photos. Of course, I sure did not mind spending time squeezing her and telling her how happy we are since she joined the Edmisten family.
We also spent a wonderful morning at my grandmother's home. The kids always love to see their MeMe. It reminds me of when I was a child. I loved to go visit my great-grandmother's house because there was so much to do. She had great places to explore and even better stories to tell about the treasured things in her home. The same is true for them...they had a wonderful time just visiting and exploring the backyard. We love you, Meez.


Stephen and Maia sliding (sort of..)

My sister just started a new business (bleaching teeth) inside the mall. We were so excited to finally be able to check out her set up. The kids begged me everyday to just go and hang with her while she worked. I finally figured out that they had the 4-1-1 on the video game store. She has gotten to know the owners quite well and they have allowed Ethan to spend a good deal of time playing computer games... It took me a moment to catch on..see, they thought I was just going to drop them off and let them veg out while playing video games endlessly. Sorry, not happening. :-) Her kiosk is probably the cutest and most inviting one I have seen in some time. Go Mel, go!!

Getting sugar from Maia

She must have kissed him twenty times. It was the sweetest thing, for now :-0

Dana refers to Joy and me as her "detergent friends".

I also managed to spend an evening alone with some of my friends (Mika, Liz, Cheryl and Julie). We ate dinner together and laughed until we cried. It did my heart so good to see them again and actually spend time catching up with them. When I returned, the kids were still awake..my poor mother had shown them such a fun evening that they couldn't wait to tell me all about it. Yikes!

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26