Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jon Wilson turns 8!


Wilson celebrated his 8th birthday this past week. Where has the time gone? He is sure growing up before our eyes and is turning out to be quite a fine young man. I am fascinated more and more everyday by his wit, his intensity and his knowledge of wildlife.

A wise mother of six boys (huthem) once told me that the things I get away with involving my girls would not fly once Wilson was old enough to have a say. Boy oh boy was she right! He does not let anything slide. At five years old he said to me "Mom, you do not expect me to believe that a fairy flies into our home and takes my tooth and replaces it with money and then proceeds to fly back out of our house, do you?" Master of logic and probability: Wilson.


Happy Birthday, son. You are a treasure and a blessing to us.


Listening to Grammy wish him a Happy Birthday and sportin' his Boopsie's reading glasses. Dick Van Dyke allowed him to wear these on his birthday. Is he cute or what?






I guess this one is Star Wars meets GI Joe?



The fun continues with a little birthday Nerf battle. Is Stephen behind enemy lines with no weapon?


Pals

Nothing like a few good men to share your special day with you.




W-ild animal lover


I-ntense


L-ikes to be at home


S-trong-willed


O-pposite of non-picky eater :-)


N-urturing

2 comments:

Austyn said...

You crack me up I posted this also but I had no idea you posted it! It is very true soon i will be driving landon in middle school wilson in 5th grade and steven in kindergarten! LIFE goes by fast he is definately the opposite of non picky eater I dont know exactly what he is!

Austyn said...

Do you likey my picture?

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26