Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wrestle Mania



This past week Wilson went to a wrestling camp. I, being naive about the sport, thought it would be a great time for him to roll around the mat with some other boys. He has so much energy and his very good friend Dylan was also taking the camp, so I figured the two of them could just wear each other out and learn something along the way.

Wilson and Dylan "wrasslin", as they say in the south.

I wasn't prepared for my reaction.

Have you seen this?
How do momma's do this? Is this what we have to look forward to? I thought I would be sick when I first watched my baby in the ring with a huge EIGHT year old who slammed him to the mat and began pinning his face and body into all sorts of contortions. It was all I thought I could stand until I found out it was the beginning of a TOURNAMENT! I had to watch this go on and on for over four matches. Don't get me wrong, Wilson held his own with each opponent, but mamma was not happy! I politely cheered him on and made up my mind at that moment that he would always play soccer or baseball or some other less ugly sport. His friend Dylan was quite good (dad was a wrestling coach) and plans to join the area wrestling club. Press on, I say. Not my boy, he'll be at soccer practice :-)
BTW, it was a great camp, and the coach was awesome..Wilson really thought alot of him. That poor man had some kind of patience with all those boys.
The boys were from ages 5 to 17. I can't believe how these little guys got down and dirty. Talk about testosterone...they seemed to be loving every minute of it.

This is our little neighbor, Austin, trying to put the move on his man. He just turned 5!

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26