Saturday, July 28, 2007

Camp Lucas


This summer has been abuzz with all sorts of visitors, and I have tried to keep this blog updated with the latest guests at Camp Lucas. Needless to say, I am a little behind.
Here, once again are the highlights. That is what I am known best for: capturing the moment in brief clips. I talk in novel form, and yet, my documenting or blogging is usually as brief as possible, because, honestly, I stink at just giving the facts. Ask anyone who knows me and is a "bottom liner"...it really annoys these people when they want a Reader's Digest version of an answer. So, anyway, here's the RD version of the past few weeks.

First came a visit from my dear friend and old neighbor Dana and her husband Jeff. This was their first time visiting our home since we moved away last June. They were on a childless (what is that like?) vacation and came for an overnight visit on their way to pick up two of their children from their grandparents in a nearby town. It was wonderful to see them both and to finally get to really visit. We had a great time and laughed a lot. Dana was intrigued by the military town and all of its novelties. She took a photo of the "pardon our noise" sign that I mentioned in the July 3 entry and another photo of "Saigon Sam's" which has significance to her right now, but I am no allowed to say why just yet..*insert wink*


Jeff and Dana

I sure do miss my friend. Lord knows how much butter, sugar and canned goods we swapped over the years, not to mention all of the stories we have tucked away. Our kids grew up together on that street and Wilson still cries himself to sleep sometimes wanting to play with Casey, her youngest son. Jeff and Dana are also in the process of adopting. They have been waiting for a daughter from China for almost two years now. The wait for a referral from China has gone to an estimated three years right now. Press on, my friends..."faithful is He who calls you,and He will bring it pass". You WILL one day hold your Aliana Grace. If you are interested you can check out their blog in the sidebar and learn more about Chinese adoption and their story.

What did I say about abbreviated versions?


Is this a mug shot?


My nephew came the next day to stay at Camp Lucas for a week. I am not sure he knew what he was in for. Being an only child and then being thrown into a lively household of Lucases may not have been what he bargained for..He loves his cousins and they love him, thankfully, they will grow up just the way my sister and I did with our cousins....thinking of each other as siblings and acting that way..fights and all. We have one cousin in particular that our kids call Aunt just like she was one of our sisters. I truly hope this generation will remain close and help each other along the way..goodness knows there are enough of them!





Ethan did great being away from his mom (my big sister) for the first time ever. Most of the week he slept in the spare bedroom, but the last few nights, he crawled into Landon's bed. He said it was because her bed was more comfortable, but I suspect he was getting a spot of what my friend calls "that camp feeling".



Oh, we did have one more visitor while Ethan was here, but he was NOT invited!





This little guy attached himself to the upstairs bathroom window. We had a full blown science project and front row seats to boot! He ate at least four bugs while we watched. Too cool.

1 comment:

Dana said...

We loved our time at Camp Lucas.... When can we com back?? Thanks for letting us stay. Tell John if he will let us come back we will move the tent in the back yard (:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26