Thursday, May 31, 2007

Maeghan Elizabeth Edwards Heaven Day

I have a very clear memory of this day three years ago. I was on my way to the hospital to visit a dear friend of mine whose five week old daughter was gravely ill. Many of our dear friends had stayed in close contact over the phone for the past several days updating each other of this sweet baby's condition and praying and believing for her recovery.

As I drove that night to be at my friend's side, I cried out to the Lord on her behalf and asked Him to give me words of comfort for her and her aching heart. I just wanted Him to give me a magic statement that would encourage her for the journey and give her hope. I reasoned that He knew I was awful at these kinds of situations and generally chose to avoid them. I so earnestly hoped that He would whisper some profound word that would let us know she would live to be a hundred. He didn't. Instead, through the tears that poured down my face He simply spoke to my heart and as audible as He can be said "Dawn, tell her that I am good and that I can be trusted." I told her what He had said. Her daughter went to be with Jesus later that night.

I am sure (I have heard her say this many times) these past three years have not been easy for my friend or her family, but our God has proved Himself faithful. He is good. He can be trusted.

On any given day she can be found giving a good word of encouragement or leading a lost mommy (who just lost their tiny son or daughter) down the road to salvation. Not because she is so happy with circumstances, but because He is good and He can be trusted. She is assured she will again see her Maeghan and for that she is hopeful!

If you happen to read this post today...whisper a prayer for Maeghan's mommy and daddy and her brother and sister. This is a tough time for them and for all of those who have sent their children to be rocked by the Savior ahead of them.

Her life continues to give: Just click on the link in the side bar to hear how she is still making a difference in the lives of heart babies!

(Maeghan and Heidi Heart Foundation)"You shall be called Oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor..." Isaiah 61:1-3

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26