Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Let me start off by saying when it comes to family, I feel like I am one of the most BLESSED people on the planet! Truly, I have a wonderful mother and father, a "do anything for you" great sister, great grandmothers and aunts, cousins, and you get the point. Thank you to each one of them and I love you so very much!! The good Lord smiled when he set me in this flavorful group we call our family :)


Then, there are the ones who live under this very roof with me that I am so thankful for, and on days like today....I am just overwhelmed with emotion as I reflect on how I really do not deserve the great husband and kids that I have. Each of them went out of their way today to show me just how special I am to them in their own unique way. I have come a long way, you see.. Not too very long ago, Austyn (the oldest) came home from kindergarten with her special Mother's Day present she had made just for me. It was an All About Mom book that consisted of pictures she had drawn telling about her mom and what made her mom special. Mine had two pictures: a pot of coffee and a telephone! *sigh* I cried for two days.BUT, many moons later, I have moved up to a hand painted pot and freshly blooming Begonia that is adorned with a tongue depressor that states the following in HUGE 1st grade handwriting" MOM, I am so glad to be your son!". YAY! I am making progress..still not perfect. Not by a longshot.
They are the greatest kids I could have ever asked for and it is so much fun to be their mom. Being their maid, on the other hand, is NOT what I signed up for and somehow....








After a wonderful breakfast and opening cards and hand made goodies by my sweet sugars, we were off to end the gymnastics year at the recital. Austyn and Landon did a great job, even though they were a bit burned out by this time of the season.




Look out Beijing, here we come!!

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26