Friday, December 5, 2008

Mustard Seed

Tomorrow, we will celebrate Stephen Isaiah JaeHo's very first "Family Day". Earlier this week we celebrated the first day we met and now, tomorrow is the anniversary of the day he joined our family forever in the city that he has since called home.
We have so many reasons to honor this day. I posted several photos on my facebook account that reflect on his then and now, but only this photo can capture what has really taken place inside his new family and in his tiny little life. You see, when we first were introduced to our little guy on paper, we were given over 40 pages of documentation that painted a fairly bleak future for his education, language skills and his learning. I was told that he has been tested over and over and consistently tested in the below average range. We refused to believe (naive, huh?) this until we could draw our own conclusions. You see, I serve a mighty God, and for those of you who know what this journey was like for our family, you can understand what I knew to be true about my Abba father: He is good and He can be trusted. We stepped out and guess what?
One year almost to the day after arriving in our home, our little "slow learning, slow speaking" son said: "Momma, can I talk to you for a minute? Can I write my name? You help me?", and this is what he did for the very first time with no assistance from his momma except to call out each letter as he penned them.
That my friends, says "S-T-E-P-H-E-N". You might have to look, but they are all there.
As for this little 4 year old's future, I am just gonna trust in a faithful God.
Happy Family Day, Stevo!

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26