Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our legacy

One day last week I went into our daughter's (she wishes to remain anonymous) room to put something away and happened to notice this chart. She has always amazed me with her organizational skills and her need to plan, but this was just a bit over the top:


It just happens to be a full list of each one of her children (my future grandchildren) and where they will sleep in her "Jon and Kate Plus 8" style home. So, I am thrilled to think that one day I will get to finally meet all of them :-) Sarah, Lexy, Cole, Nate, Myly, Amanda, Laryn, Rose, Mady, Becca, Lily, Maia, Marin and Gracy. Aren't they just perfect already? It gets better. Her family will also be composed of children of her womb and children brought to her family through the miracle of adoption. So far, that will include daughters and sons from China, Vietnam and the Phillipines. Woohooo! I wonder if I will get to travel with her family or if I will stay behind to care for the other dumplins?!!
My mind is already racing ahead with her to thoughts of our holiday celebrations and family gatherings. What a wonderful memory we already have to look forward to....
I keep thinking of Exodus 20:6 where God says he will bless those who love Him to a thousand generations. WOW! With at least 14 grandchildren...think of the legacy we could leave behind?!
Plenty of motivation to press on when the going gets tough, huh?
GRANDCHILDREN? Who'd a thunk it?

3 comments:

Anderson Crew said...

Love this!! How precious!

Unknown said...

So cute! Now she just needs to find the right fellow who will go along with that plan :)

Marybeth Whalen said...

Oh Dawn-- this made me wish we lived closer so you and could hang out more... but of course, when we did live closer, we hardly saw each other. Such is life! :)

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26