Thursday, October 9, 2008

Educational Roadtrip

A few nights ago, the girls and I piled into the car with the Murray's and headed to ECU to attend a campaign rally that featured the Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
The "Pro-life hockey mom" addressing the Republican crowds
Read my lipstick: It was one of the most educational experiences of my life (don't laugh, I know that is not saying much!) . Amazingly, on some level, this seemed to open both Austyn and Landon's eyes as to exactly what was going on in our country's future. It is one thing to study about the presidential election, but a whole new story when those become living, breathing, speaking people right before your young eyes.

Young Republicans :-) Landon, Austyn, Helen and Joey


The next morning before Landon left for the 5th grade, she stopped me in the kitchen with the strangest look on her face. When pressed, she admitted that she had watched the news and was worried because John McCain's opponent was reported 4% ahead in the polls. I had to laugh. I assured her that one candidate will certainly be elected as president and we will just go on with life as usual no matter the outcome. Ack! Too much pressure for a ten year old, huh?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I wish that I could have gone to that. My sister Kristi just moved to Greenville NC and went there. She said Sarah Palin was great! I think she is great too and would love to see her as our vice president.

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26