Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mullet Over

A Good Day at Sea

Landon shares her father's knack for hooking 'em. She made the "Catch of the Week" at the pier a few days ago. Is that what the song "I Want My Mullet Back" is referring to?
There was a time when I aspired to be the next Jacques Cousteau. One good semester in Marine Biology sent me scurrying to the Humanities department. Perhaps Landon shares this...I just keep hoping one of my children will let me live vicariously through their endeavors. Can't just one of them want to dive with the urchins and save the dolphins? Don't think we are not sewing seeds of a love for the outdoors and the wetlands, although we have not gotten as far as placing all the bumper stickers on our vehicles just yet. Is that your car we keep seeing?

No comments:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26