Monday, September 1, 2008

That's my girl!

Tonight during the hustle and bustle of getting ready for school after the Labor Day weekend and cookout @ chez Lucas I stumbled across a poem Austyn had written for her class at school. She needed to retype it due to some type of water stain, so I gave it the once-over while she explained what had happened to it. I had to grin as my eyes caught my dear soon-to-be thirteen year old's "Bio-poem".
Austyn
Quiet, smart, kind, caring
Daughter of Jon and Dawn
Lover of puppies, Cooking and shopping
Who feels everybody should know Christ, No Marines should be in danger for their life and nobody should have to be poor.
Who needs sleep, cute clothes and a weekly cream soda or coke float.
Who fears mysterious noises, heights and injuries.
Who gives no tolerance for screaming, no tolerance for being late anywhere I go and gives nothing but neatness.
Who would like to see a stop to crime, 13 year olds who can be trusted with driver licenses and no orphans.
Resident of (our neighborhood).
Lucas
There you have it. If you know our girl, you would have said, "Yes, that just about sums it up".
Needless to say...She rocks. I am blessed and challenged everyday by her strength, leadership and zeal for life (did I mention that she loves ABBA, too?).

2 comments:

Dana said...

Absolutely awesome, and yep that just about sums her up in a poem! Beautiful job Austy.

Austyn said...

thanks mrs dana and mom i dont love abba i just like them!

"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the mighty Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26